29 december 2018

KLM houses

For a long time, KLM has been giving every passenger flying business class a miniature earthenware Delft Blue house filled with gin. Each house is the likeness of an existing Dutch house. Every year, KLM releases a new miniature around 7 October, on the occasion of its founding date in 1919. Meanwhile, the Delftware houses have become true collectors' items. There are 93 different types, if you'd like to read more click HERE.
The collection above belongs to The Princessehof National Museum of Ceramics in Leeuwarden, that I visited today. I have never travelled business class so I haven't got any myself :)

10 opmerkingen:

  1. What a nice tradition. I bet the people who have one or many of these, treasure them.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. heel wat te zien in dit museum Marleen

    maar Leeuwarden is me wat te ver

    fijn weekend

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I think that's the first time I've heard of that tradition. They make a neat sight.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. ...a nice Christmas gift for their customers.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I'm sure that I'd never be able to collect these houses. And even if I did, I'd quickly end up with only the bottles left! :) . Cute!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Leuk Marleen, deze traditionele huisjes, lijkt me een mooie gift.
    Ik wens je een hele fijne jaarwisseling en alle goeds in 2019 toe.
    Groet Kees.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Ja ze zijn beroemd, ik had een kennis die er heel veel had, haar man moest vaak naar het buitenland voor zijn werk.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Don't be shy and leave a comment. I'd love to read what you think!