9 december 2013

velomobile

This guy in his "velomobile" came towards us with such speed that I had to hurry taking a photo -hoping the image wouldn't be too blurred.. These remarkable bicycles have a shell for comfort, weather protection and luggage space. The aerodynamic shape provides relatively high speed with low physical effort. I'm pretty certain it takes practise (and courage!) to ride them.


I remembered I photographed a 'velomobile' before so searched in my archive; this yellow one was parked in the centre of Leeuwarden.

6 opmerkingen:

  1. ik vind ze prachtig om te zien maar ik zou bang zijn dat ik er niet meer uit kon komen.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Such an ingenious bicycle and certainly very practical in rainy weather.
    Greetings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. That's an amazing sight. It looks like a bobsled on wheels.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I think they are dangerous! In city traffic they are hardly visible. And on bicycle paths they go much too fast compared to other users. You may have gathered this is not my favorite means of transportation :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Funny :) I have never seen such a mobils.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Ik heb ze hier ook gezien, ze gaan erg hard op een fietspad, het is een soort torpedofiets, nogal gevaarlijk met die snelheid en de lage zit die ze hebben.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Don't be shy and leave a comment. I'd love to read what you think!