4 december 2015

'Corporeal' in the Drents Museum

I visited the Drents Museum in Assen today and enjoyed seeing the exhibition ´Corporeal´ by Laura Eckert. This young sculpturor, born in 1983 in Leipzig Germany, creates life-size sculptures and firm heads using wood and stone.

In Germany Eckert is regarded a huge talent in figurative art. She doesn't use models or sketches, the heads she creates 'just' come to life from the material she is working on.
The heads on these photos are made of wood. I was impressed!

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Gosh! I would think there are easier materials to work with.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Gosh Marleen these are so dramatic, the artistic mind is astounding!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Gosh Marleen these are so dramatic, the artistic mind is astounding!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I didn't know her, thanks for introducing us to this very talented contemporary artist.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Amazing to think someone could make these without a model. I'm really impressed!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Don't be shy and leave a comment. I'd love to read what you think!