The Roman Catholic St Egbert chapel at the Badweg on the island of Schiermonnikoog was built in 1915 in a rationalism architectural style. It then belonged to a children´s colony home next to the chapel, also called St Egbert. Here so-called 'bleekneusjes' (lit.: 'whitenoses'), meaning children who were weakened by war, malnutrition, or medical reasons, could get stronger during a period of 6 weeks.
The chapel is in its original state and is still in use today. The building was declared a national monument.