9 december 2016

Running Hare

This remarkable sculpture of a running hare stands at the Belgium coast in a nature area called ´Het Zwin´, that we visited during our stay in Bruges at the end of November. It´s me standing there next to it (how about the size of the sculpture!), and I was about to take..

..this photo of the hare with the North Sea in the background! :)
The name of the bronze sculpture is ´Hospitality´; the animal stands for liberty, independence, dynamics, fertility, strength and individuality. It was made by Barry Flanagan (1941-2009), a Welsh sculptor who is best known for his bronze statues of hares and other animals.

11 opmerkingen:

  1. ...and there's also a Barry Flanagan who is a Hawaiian singer!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. what a nice sculpture, looks huge. I like your perspective!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. That is quite a sculpture!

    As Flanagan is a fairly common name, I'll assume Barry is not at all related to a Flanagan I know of, and so much the better for him.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. My eyes popped wide open when I looked at it. It is spectacular!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. A wonderful sculpture! I love both photos too, especially the one of both you and the hare silhouetted against the sky.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. What an unusual sculpture, I do like it.
    Amalia
    xo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. How nice jumping rabbit. And it's also so big.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Dat is een leuk beeld, zo grappig om te zien!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Oh he is an absolute delight Marleen, j'adore 😊 ... And BiG!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Don't be shy and leave a comment. I'd love to read what you think!