26 december 2014

The Milkmaid

'The Milkmaid' -in Dutch: 'Het Melkmeisje'- is a world famous oil-on-canvas painting by Johannes Vermeer (1632-1675), a Dutch painter who was specialized in domestic interior scenes of middle-class life. Throughout the years the painting has been exhibited in several countries in western Europe and the United States, and is nowadays part of the collection of the Amsterdam Rijksmuseum.

We saw this very special version of The Milkmaid painted on a wooden shoe in Garderen, last Summer.

9 opmerkingen:

  1. So I guess this would be called an oil-on-clog? :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. zonde om met z.on mooie klomp te gaan lopen.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I have seen a copy of the painting in Delft and was impressed.

    http://filipdemuinck-kristelpardon.blogspot.nl/2011/06/studio-of-vermeer-in-delft-master-of.html

    Greetings,
    Filip

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Lovely wooden shoe.
    I think, that the wooden shoe seems to be the only shoe, which can be placed the painting.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Grappig hoe de commercie ook aan de wandel gaat.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I like it!
    Have you ever seen the movie All the Vermeers in New York?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. No I haven't but I might someday. I looked for it on the internet and it sound interesting, thanks! :)

      Verwijderen

Don't be shy and leave a comment. I'd love to read what you think!