21 oktober 2018

Giacometti

Both photos in this post show art by Swiss sculptor Alberto Giacometti (1901-1966). They are part of the Fundatie Museum's current exhibition 'Facing Fear', with sculptures by Giacometti and English sculptor Lynn Chadwick (1914-2003). Their work pictures the sense of fear and disillusionment that pervaded Europe during the Cold War period.

In Giacometti's work he reduces the human (and animal) form to its bare essentials.
´Walking Man´ is seen as the ultimate symbol of the solitary traveller in time that we each are in our heart of hearts. Despite his attenuated boday and narrow head, the walking man is inseparably connected to the earth by his larege, heavy feet. -from the museum's info.

9 opmerkingen:

  1. ...at this point in history the Cold War looks better, then you knew who the enemy was.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Peculiar is what comes to mind with his style.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. It appears that my email account has been hacked. I’ve received several threatening and sick messages over the last day. As a result I have closed that account so it’s no longer operable. If the account has been hacked it’s likely that my contacts are known so be warned – do not open any emails purporting to come from me and beware of any other communications from unknown sources and do NOT open any attachments.

    I’m sorry to be such a nuisance and I have no idea how the hack took place. I’ve taken all possible steps to prevent further problems.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Interesting sculptures, I like the Walking Man.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. ´Walking Man´ is een heel bekend werk van Giacometti's... Marleen

    sommigen zouden er een fortuin voor geven

    prettige dag

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Hoi Marleen, apart maar wel mooie kunstweken.
    Groet kees.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Don't be shy and leave a comment. I'd love to read what you think!